From the Runyon Canyon Recipe Book
Red Cherry Slurpee
In honor of FREE Slurpee Day at 7-Eleven we have tracked down a recipe for the epic date to share with the Runyon Canyon fans. After a hot day hiking on the hills of Runyon Canyon, nothing is more refreshing than an ice cold Slurpee and 7-Eleven is the only place that has them. This is NOT an advertisement, we are just a really BIG fan of 7-Eleven and their world-famous Slurpees. Be sure to check-in over at 7-Eleven today (May 23) from 11am-7pm and claim your free small Slurpee…AMAZING! Make sure to share this recipe with a friend and your Runyon Canyon workout partner, enjoy!
“This is the most epic Slurpee EVER!”
“This brings me back to my childhood!”
~Dustin in Boise Idaho
“I love Slurpees!”
- 2 cups cold club soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon cherry flavored unsweetened Kool-Aid mix
- 1/2 teaspoon cherry extract
- 2 1/2 cups crushed ice
- Pour 1 cup of the club soda into a blender. Add the sugar, Kool-Aid mix, and cherry extract. Blend this until all of the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the crushed ice and blend on high speed until the drink is a slushy, smooth consistency, with no remaining chunks of ice.
- Add the remaining club soda and blend briefly until mixed. You may have to stop the blender and use a long spoon to stir up the contents.
- If necessary, put the blender into your freezer for 1/2-hour. This will help thicken it up. After 1/2-hour remove blender from freezer and, again, blend briefly to mix.
Serves: One 32-ounce drink (or two 16-ouncers).