How do I reinstall Mac OS X manually?
- Choose Reinstall macOS (or Reinstall OS X) from the utilities window.
- Click Continue, then follow the onscreen instructions. You’ll be asked to select your disk. If you don’t see it, click Show All Disks.
- Click Install. Your Mac restarts after installation is complete.
How do I reinstall Mac OS X on an old Mac without recovery mode?
Restart your Mac while holding down the ‘Option+Command+R’ keys. Release these keys as soon as you see the Apple logo. Once your Mac boots, you should see a spinning globe and the message ‘Starting Internet Recovery.
How do I wipe and reinstall my Mac?
Erase and reinstall macOS
- Start up your computer in macOS Recovery:
- In the Recovery app window, select Disk Utility, then click Continue.
- In Disk Utility, select the volume you want to erase in the sidebar, then click Erase in the toolbar.
Why can I not erase Macintosh HD?
It’s not usually possible to erase the startup disk because your Mac is using it to run macOS. Recovery Mode is a special partition on your Mac you can use to restore from a backup, reinstall macOS, get online support, or erase your startup disk. You should back up your Mac before trying to erase or reformat it.
How do you install a disk on a Mac?
Only insert standard-sized CDs into your MacBook Pro. 1. Locate your MacBook Pro’s disc drive slot on the right side of the bottom panel. 2. Insert the CD, label-side up, into the disc drive slot. Continue to feed the CD into the slot until the drive registers the CD and pulls the disc the rest of the way in.
How do I reinstall Apple OS?
Follow these steps to reinstall macOS on your Mac: Start up your Mac while holding down Command+R until you hear the startup chime and see either a spinning globe or Apple logo. A macOS Utilities window will open, on which you will see the options to Restore From Time Machine Backup, Reinstall macOS, Get Help Online and Disk Utility.
How do you erase an iMac?
Choose the flash drive from the boot selector, open the “Disk Utility” and select the iMac’s hard drive. Select the “Erase Tab,” set the “Format:” value to “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)” and then click the “Erase” button.
How do you format an iMac?
1. Connect the drive to the Mac. 2. Open Disk Utility. The easiest way to do that is hit CMD and the spacebar at the same time and type in Disk Utility to find the program. 3. Select the drive you want to format.