How do you use chicanery in a sentence?
Chicanery sentence example
- She would have seen much political chicanery in our United Kingdom.
- Knowing British chicanery , Mr Post was right not to be surprised.
What does chicanery mean in sentence?
The definition of chicanery is using trickery or dishonest means to deceive or achieve some purpose. An example of chicanery is dishonest actions by politicians to get elected. noun.
What means chicanery?
1 : deception by artful subterfuge or sophistry : trickery He wasn’t above using chicanery to win votes. 2 : a piece of sharp practice (as at law) : trick resorted to political chicaneries financial chicaneries.
How do you use deleterious in a sentence?
Deleterious sentence example
- A few crops, such as mustard, seem deleterious to them.
- The effects of morphine are much more deleterious than those of opiumsmoking.
- Having a low vitamin D level can be deleterious to your health.
How do you use enervate in a sentence?
Enervate in a Sentence ?
- The wrestler’s plan was to deliver a crushing blow which would enervate his opponent.
- Because he is much heavier than me, the only way for me to enervate him is by putting a sleeping pill in his food.
- The alcohol appeared to enervate Jason’s ability to focus at work.
Is churlish a real word?
Churlish has its origins in late Old English, but its modern-day meaning of “deliberately rude” developed in the 14th century. It’s a fitting adjective to describe boorish or surly behavior.
What is chicanery used for?
Definition of Chicanery. the use of trickery to achieve a political, financial, or legal purpose. Examples of Chicanery in a sentence. 1. Let us expose that business for its financial chicanery and reveal how they waste our tax dollars.