What do you put on a mantel modern?
For an easy fireplace mantel decorating idea, hang a mirror in the middle and a sconce on either side. Anchor the mantel with a larger vase in front of the mirror and fill in with smaller accessories, such as vases, candlesticks, and decorative objects. Pick up on colors and materials found elsewhere in the room.
How do you arrange things on the mantle?
- Treat the mantel as you would a piece of furniture.
- Use items of different shapes and sizes.
- Layer items in front of each other.
- Create a formal display with symmetry.
- Give your display room to breathe.
- In most displays, odds are usually better than evens.
- Lean items like framed art and mirrors against the wall.
What can I use instead of a mantle?
The most obvious replacement for an actual fireplace mantel is a faux fireplace mantel! A faux fireplace has a lot of pros – the whole look and feel of an actual fireplace, added ambiance and warmth, a large focal point for a blank wall, etc.
How thick should a mantle be?
A depth of 7 inches is ideal for most mantels, as it allows plenty of room to accommodate decorative objects. Keep in mind that the top and the sides of the mantel should be the same depth.
How do you style a mantle?
The Basics of How To Style a Mantel
- A Focal Piece. Some designers call this an anchor piece.
- Large, Interesting Decor.
- Less is More.
- Add a Living Element.
- Elevate Smaller Decor.
- Break the Symmetry.
- Balance Visual Weight.
- Group Objects in Odd Numbers.
How do you decorate a mantel when a TV is above it?
1. You can really make a mantel look great by adding low decor under the TV and anchoring the sides with larger, taller decor. The taller side decor can be symmetrical or asymmetrical, but it doesn’t need to be overdone. A simple lantern, vase or greenery will work just fine!
What to do if you dont have a mantel?
It just takes a little thinking beyond the traditional fireplace mantel placement.
- Staircase Railing. A staircase is a common focal point for Christmas decorations.
- Hang from Garland.
- Stocking Holders and Stands.
- Fireplace Screen.
- Tinsel Line.
- Plaque With Hooks.
What can I put under my mantel without a fireplace?
The possibilities are endless, so have fun!
- Antique Wood Mantel Shelf Window Frame and Flowers.
- Wooden Scroll Mantel Shelf With Seasonal Accents.
- Hearty Wooden Mantel Antique Clock.
- Rustic Wooden Shelf With Vase and Wreath.
- Mantel Shelf With Antique Wood Scroll Braces.
- Decorative Mantel Shelf With Fresh Flowers.
How do I decorate my mantle?
Try this strategy, which is one of the easiest fireplace mantel decorating ideas ever: Hang a mirror in the middle and a sconce on either side. Anchor the mantel with a larger vase in front of the mirror and fill in with smaller accessories, such as vases, candlesticks, and decorative objects.
What to put on Mantel?
Here are a few things to put on a fall mantel…. pumpkins. cotton bolls. leaves. wheat sheaves. bottles of twigs. acorns. pinecones.
What is a Christmas mantle?
Christmas Mantel. A Christmas mantel is the second most decorated space next to the tree. Today’s post is filled with loads of mantel inspiration for you.
What is a fireplace mantle?
The fireplace mantel or mantelpiece, also known as a chimneypiece, originated in medieval times as a hood that projected over a fire grate to catch the smoke.