What should be discussed at staff meetings?
What should be included in a staff meeting?
- Meeting objectives.
- Recognition of team member achievements.
- Notable organizational changes or accomplishments.
- Points to be discussed.
- Organizational goals.
- Team member updates and goals.
- Action items.
How do I start a salon meeting?
- Set up your monthly staff meetings 12 months in advance.
- Dedicate time for planning your staff meeting.
- Create an agenda and fill out your staff meeting template form.
- Gather feedback for your staff prior to planning.
How do you make a staff meeting interesting?
6 Ways to Make Your Meetings Fun and Engaging
- 1 Ice breakers. Ice breakers are a great way to open a meeting, especially for remote teams.
- 2 Show-and-tell. Show-and-tell isn’t just for children.
- 3 Let people take ownership.
- 4 Celebrate team wins.
- 5 Encourage shoutouts.
- 6 Play an online game.
How do you motivate a salon staff?
How to Motivate Salon Staff
- Create, and Live by, the Culture You Want in Your Salon.
- Understand the Different Personalities in Your Salon and What Makes Them Tick.
- Give Your Salon Staff Ownership and Involve Them in Decisions.
- Adapt Your Management Method to the Level of Your Salon Employee.
How do you lead a staff meeting?
How to Lead Effective Team Meetings: 8 Best Practices
- Create a meeting agenda.
- Bring all voices into the conversation.
- Respect people’s time.
- Take a moment to recognize employees.
- Ask about roadblocks and concerns.
- Assign clear action items and takeaways.
- Share the meeting notes with all attendees.
What do you say in a first staff meeting?
To do this, try saying something like this: “I am the new person here, and so all of you in this room know more than me. You carry with you insights and experiences that I don’t have. I am a sponge, and I am to learn from all of you.” No need to beat yourself up and say that you’re ignorant, by any means.
What is a salon party?
A salon is a gathering of people held by an inspiring host. During the gathering they amuse one another and increase their knowledge through conversation. These gatherings often consciously followed Horace’s definition of the aims of poetry, “either to please or to educate” (Latin: aut delectare aut prodesse).
How do you do a staff meeting agenda?
Your staff meeting agenda should include:
- Team updates and announcements.
- A review of your key metrics and goals.
- Priorities for the week ahead.
- Action items.
- BONUS: Icebreakers or questions to get to know each other (especially if you’re working remotely)
How do you end a staff meeting positively?
9 ways to end every meeting on a positive note
- 1 Add a shoutouts section.
- 2 End with a motivating stat.
- 3 Review and summarize action items.
- 4 Ask a fun question at the end.
- 5 End with a cheer.
- 6 Play a quick game.
- 7 End with a meditation or breathing exercise.
- 8 Give them a fun riddle to answer in the next meeting.
How do you evaluate a salon staff?
10 Steps to a Perfect Salon or Spa Performance Evaluation
- Prepare all staff records and review them well in advance.
- Give feedback on their contribution to your culture: Rate your employees on teamwork, enthusiasm, communication and other culture-related things.
- Avoid being confrontational.
What are the best 5 tips to manage and motivate your salon employee?
6 Tips for Managing and Motivating Salon Staff 1. Inspire by Example
- Be Accountable to Your Accountability System.
- Devote Time to Team Building.
- Connect the Dots.
- Make It Safe.
- Leave Room for Compassion.