Where do I send my USCG medical certificate application?
Medical certificate applications can be submitted to the NMC via e-mail at: [email protected]
What does the National Maritime Center do?
NMC Mission & Vision As a world class credentialing program, our staff of highly competent and devoted professionals ensures a safe, secure, economically viable and environmentally sound Marine Transportation System manned by fully qualified U.S. mariners.
How do I renew my USCG medical certificate?
In order to renew the medical certificate prior to expiration, mariners must submit an application. Applications can be submitted through a Regional Exam Center (REC) or directly to the NMC. A CG-719B is not required and there are no fees associated with applying for a medical certificate.
How can I get MMC certificate?
Steps to Apply for an Original MMC
- Determine the Officer and/or Ratings that you wish to obtain by visiting the NMC’s Checklist Page.
- Obtain a Transportation Worker’s Identification Credential.
- Fill out a CG-719B Application for Merchant Mariner Credential.
- (IF APPLICABLE) Fill out a CG-719C Conviction Statement.
What can disqualify you from joining the Coast Guard?
Psychiatric and Personality Disorders
- Any disorder or history of disorders with psychotic features.
- History of impulse control and conduct disorders.
- History of depression requiring medication, outpatient treatment or hospitalization.
- History of anxiety requiring medication, outpatient treatment or hospitalization.
How long does it take to get Coast Guard medical certificate?
NPT is the total time the Coast Guard spends processing the application and does not include the time waiting for information from mariners. The NMC has set a NPT goal of 20 days. Medical Certificate throughput is a ratio of the total number of applications finished divided by the total number of applications received.
How much does a MMC card cost?
Original MMC endorsement for those other than qualified ratings: $45 for issuance and $95 for evaluation. Renewal of MMC endorsement for those other than qualified ratings: $45 for issuance and $50 for evaluation. Original MMC endorsement for a qualified rating: $45 (issuance), $95 (evaluation) and $140 (examination).
How do I know if a certificate is valid?
Chrome has made it simple for any site visitor to get certificate information with just a few clicks:
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar for the website.
- Click on Certificate (Valid) in the pop-up.
- Check the Valid from dates to validate the SSL certificate is current.