How do I boot my Dell laptop in recovery mode?
To Restore Your Computer From The Windows Recovery Environment:
- Restart your computer.
- While the computer restarts, press F8 to open the Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Select Repair My Computer using the Arrow keys and press Enter to open the Windows Recovery Environment.
How do you restore a Dell laptop?
Restore your Dell computer using Windows Push-Button Reset
- Click Start.
- Select Reset this PC (System Setting).
- Under Reset this PC, select Get Started.
- Select the option to Remove everything.
- If you are keeping this computer, select Just remove my files.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset process.
How do I factory reset my Dell Vostro desktop?
- Restart your computer.
- As your computer restarts, tap the F8 key once a second before the Dell logo appears to open the Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Use the Arrow keys to select Repair Your Computer, and then press Enter.
- Select your language settings, and click Next.
- Log in as an administrator, and click OK.
Where is the recovery key on a Dell laptop?
Step 1. Find the Bitlocker Recovery key.
- On a printout you saved. (Type the 24-digit number recovery key from the printout)
- On a USB flash drive. (Plug the USB drive on the locked PC and follow the instructions)
- On your Microsoft Account.
- On your Azure Account if you sign in with an Azure Active Directory account.
How do I start my Dell laptop in Safe Mode Windows 10?
After your personal computer restarts to the Choose an Option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings > Restart. After your personal computer restarts, a list of options should appear. Select 4 or F4 to start your personal computer in Safe Mode.
How do you reset a Dell Vostro laptop?
Restart your computer by clicking Start > arrow next to the Lock button > Restart. As the computer restarts, press the F8 key until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen. Note: You must press F8 before the Windows logo appears on the screen.
Can you reset a Dell Vostro to factory settings?
I am trying to reset my old laptop Dell Vostro 3360 to it factory settings. – From Dell Recovery & Restore software : Impossible to use the ref number, it says that no OS is available. – From a Windows boot key repair, no recovery OS has been detected on the computer.
How to do a System Restore on a Dell Computer?
This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button. To perform a System Restore, follow these steps: Click Start , then type Control Panel. Search Control Panel for Recovery. Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
How to restore Dell factory image with Dell backup and recovery?
Log on to Windows as an administrator Open Dell Backup and Recovery by clicking Start, pointing to All programs and clicking Dell Backup and Recovery In the Restore System window, select the backup file you want to use to restore your system in the drop-down menu and click Next
How to enable supporassist OS recovery in Dell?
Select SupportAssist OS Recovery, and then press Enter. Important: SupporAssist OS Recovery must be enabled in the system BIOS for this option to show up. Follow these steps to enable SupportAssist OS Recovery: Turn on or restart your computer. When the Dell logo is displayed, press F12 to access the BIOS Setup.