What is the most famous book quote of all time?
The 25 most powerful book quotes of all time
- The Go-between. “The past is another country; they do things differently there” – LP Hartley. Submitted by Mark Grant.
- On the Road. “Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life” – Jack Kerouac.
What is the most memorable quote?
The Most Famous Quotes
- “Fortune favors the bold.” – Virgil. Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans.
- “Time is money.” – Benjamin Franklin.
- “I came, I saw, I conquered.” – Julius Caesar.
- “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.” – Elbert Hubbard.
- “If you want to be happy, be.” – Leo Tolstoy.
What is the best book of quotes?
Sally Emerson’s top 10 books of quotations
- The Oxford Dictionary of Quotations edited by Elizabeth Knowles.
- The Penguin Dictionary of Quotations edited by JM and MJ Cohen.
- Familiar Quotations: A Collection of Passages, Phrases, and Proverbs Traced to Their Sources in Ancient and Modern Literature edited by John Bartlett.
What are some good quotes from the book Life?
Life doesn’t stop for anybody.” “The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.” “Dumbledore watched her fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears. “After all this time?” “Always,” said Snape.” “When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different.
What are some of the best quotes about reading?
To read is to voyage through time.” – Carl Sagan “When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes.” – Erasmus “Fill your house with stacks of books, in all the crannies and all the nooks.” – Dr Seuss “That’s the thing about books.
What are some of the best quotes of all time?
“Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” “I’m not afraid of death; I just don’t want to be there when it happens.” “Sometimes people are beautiful. Not in looks. Not in what they say. Just in what they are.” “Life is like riding a bicycle.
What are some good quotes about good friends?
“Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.”