How do I fix Mscomctl OCX not correctly registered?
This is How Users can Fix the MSCOMCTL. OCX is Missing Error
- Check the Desktop’s or Laptop’s System Details.
- Register the MSCOMCTL.OCX File on 64-bit Systems.
- Register the MSCOMCTL.OCX File on 32-bit Systems.
- Reinstall the Software.
How do I register Mscomctl OCX in Windows 7 32 bit?
INSTALL MSCOMCTL. OCX
- If you are using 64 bit Windows copy the MSCOMCTL.OCX to C:\WINDOWS\SYSWOW64. (If you are using 32 bit Windows copy MSCOMCTL.OCX to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32) .
- Open a CMD or PowerShell prompt (as an administrator) and change into C:\WINDOWS\SYSWOW64. .
- Type. regsvr32 mscomctl.ocx.
- Press ENTER.
How do I fix MSCOMCT2 OCX error?
Resolving The Problem
- Browse to http://a ctivex.microsoft.com/controls/vb6/mscomct2.cab.
- Save the MSCOMCT2.CAB file to a local drive.
- Double-click the MSCOMCT2.CAB file to expand.
- Extract MSCOMCT2.OCX saving it to %windir%\System32.
- Open a command prompt.
- Type REGSVR32 MSCOMCT2.OCX.
How do I fix comdlg32 OCX in Windows 7?
What Causes the ‘comdlg32. ocx’ Missing Error on Windows?
- Solution 1: Re-register the File. If the ‘comdlg32.
- Solution 2: Run the Program in Compatibility Mode with Administrator Permissions.
- Solution 3: Change Ownership and Provide Full Permissions for the ‘comdlg32.
- Solution 4: Disable UAC.
How do I activate MSCOMCT2 OCX?
- Just extract the .ocx file from the .cab file (it is similar to a zip)
- Copy to the system folder (c:\windows\sysWOW64 for 64 bit systems and c:\windows\system32 for 32 bit)
- Use regsvr32 through the command prompt to register the file (e.g. “regsvr32 c:\windows\sysWOW64\mscomct2.ocx”)
How do I run Mscomctl OCX?
How to Register MSCOMCTL. OCX
- Download the MSCOMCTL.
- Open the downloaded file and extract it using your preferred archive management program.
- Click Start and select “Run” if you are using Windows 2003 or XP.
- Enter the text “REGSVR32 MSCOMCTL.
- Click “Yes” if you are requested to give “REGSVR32.
How to register mscomctl.ocx on 64 bit Windows?
If you are using 64 bit Windows copy the MSCOMCTL.OCX to C:WINDOWSSYSWOW64. (If you are using 32 bit Windows copy MSCOMCTL.OCX to C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32) . Open a CMD or PowerShell prompt (as an administrator) and change into C:WINDOWSSYSWOW64.
How to fix missing or corrupted OCX files?
– OCXme.com Download and install MSCOMCTL.OCX to fix missing or corrupted ocx errors. About MSCOMCTL.OCX errors. When an application requires MSCOMCTL.OCX, Windows will check the application and system folders for this OCX file. If the file is missing you may receive an error and the application may not function properly.
Why is mscomctl.ocx missing in Visual Basic?
Whenever you try to open an older software or application, you encounter an error, “ Component ‘ MSCOMCTL.OCX’ or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid “. You face this error, because, MSCOMCTL.OCX (an ActiveX control file/32-bit control) is part of an outdated Visual Basic 6.0.
Is there a problem with MSComCtl in Windows XP?
Using empty project with MSCOMCTL object in Components. When trying to view MSCOMCTL in Object Browser the VB6 environment crashes. The same happens with comctl32 component. Other components seem to be OK. It did not happen in Windows XP or Vista. MSCOMCTL.OCX is 6.01.9786. Thanks for your help.