What do I do when my HP printer says paper jam but there is none?
Reset the printer, which might clear a false paper jam error, and then try to print again.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer. note:
How do you clear a paper jam on an HP sprocket?
and turns red.
- On the HP Sprocket app, press OK to clear the error message.
- Turn off the printer.
- Remove the top cover by sliding it away from the output slot, and then set it aside.
- Remove any loose photo paper from the input tray, and then set aside if necessary.
- Gently remove the jammed paper from the input tray.
How do I reset my printer after paper jam?
With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet. Remove USB cable, if present. Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
How do I get rid of a paper jam error?
How to Fix a Paper Jam in a Printer
- Turn off and unplug the printer.
- Remove all printer paper from the tray and then reload it.
- Open the rear access door or duplexer (or any other doors that give you access to the paper’s path through the printer)
- Close the doors and plug in the printer.
How do you reset a sprocket?
How do I reset my printer?
- Turn on the printer.
- Locate the Reset button near the charging port.
- Gently insert the straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the Reset button for 3 seconds. The printer resets and turns off.
- Turn on the printer.
What do you do if your sprocket won’t connect?
Turn on the Sprocket. On your mobile device, open the Bluetooth settings menu, and then make sure Bluetooth is enabled. Check the settings on your Android or iOS device. Android devices: On your mobile device, open the Location or Location Services menu, and then make sure the setting is turned on.
How do I clear the paper error on my HP printer?
Solution one: Reset the product
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 15 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
- Turn the printer on.