What can I put in my front garden instead of grass?
Alternatives to grass: 10 easy no-mow options for your garden
- Grow a wildflower meadow.
- Consider ground cover plants.
- Lay pollinator-friendly sedum.
- Nurture a Chamomile lawn.
- Give moss a go.
- Go casual with gravel.
- Try bark chippings.
- Install faux grass.
How do I make my front garden private UK?
- Work with your garden’s boundaries.
- Balance evergreens and deciduous options.
- Work with a sloping garden.
- Create a small and subtly private corner.
- Use a canopy for overhead protection.
- DIY a garden screen.
- Carefully consider the positioning of outbuildings.
- Choose low seating in a built up courtyard.
How do you make a small front garden look nice?
Be inspired by our tips for designing a front garden, below.
- Use complementary colours.
- Use white to create a focal point.
- Hide bins with bespoke screening.
- Use containers to enhance paved spaces.
- Use topiary for a formal look.
- Use hanging baskets for height and colour.
- Use pots of different sizes.
What can I do with a small front garden?
Small front garden ideas: 13 welcoming ways with landscaping and plants
- Create a wildlife haven with your small front garden ideas.
- Opt for chic details around your front door.
- Get creative with paving.
- Plant front borders full of flowers.
- Make a sculptural statement.
- Define the entrance with potted trees.
Are there any good no grass yard ideas?
We started our own “Big Dig” in our backyard since I last posted and I knew it would be a lot of work – but I had no idea how truly large our yard would seem once we removed every… Garden Design Ideas : Loddekopinge Plant…
What should I put in my small front garden?
A crisp gravel drive can give a crunchy alert of any visitors as well as being very low maintenance, so it’s ideal for small front gardens or shady areas if you don’t want to worry about the upkeep of planted borders. Get some inspiration with these gravel garden design ideas.
What should I put in my front yard instead of grass?
Don’t be fooled into thinking that a lawn is the only front yard landscaping idea that makes sense. Be the trailblazer on your street! Adding a dry creek bed to your front yard landscaping is a DIY project most of us can do ourselves.
Which is the best way to build a grassless garden?
Decking is a fantastic low maintenance choice for grassless gardens, and gives you a brilliant starting point to build on. Choose fun planters and furniture to build your dream space from the bottom up. 5. Statement walls Compliment brown and grey paving or decking with colour on your garden walls. The brighter and bolder the better.