What is a new feature available in Word 2013?
With Word 2013, you can open a PDF file and all of its text, lists, and tables are available for you to edit. This feature essentially turns a PDF into a Word document, allowing you greater compatibility with multiple platforms.
How many ways can you create table in Word 2013?
Microsoft now provides five different methods for creating tables: the Graphic Grid, Insert Table, Draw Table, insert a new or existing Excel Spreadsheet table, and Quick Tables, plus an option for converting existing text into a table. To start, open a blank Word document from the Home/New page.
How do I create a new table style in Word?
Go to the Insert tab and click Table.
- Mouse over the squares in the table grid to select the number of columns and rows you want in the table.
- Click the down arrow next to the Table Styles and select New Table Style.
- Give this table style a new name.
How do you update a table in Word 2013?
To update the list of tables and figures
- Select the list.
- Right click.
- Update field.
- Update the page numbers only or the entire field. The latter updates changes to the table and figure titles.
What are the main features of MS Word 2013?
Microsoft Word: Top 10 New Features in Word 2013
- A New Look for Word.
- Easy Graphic Alignment and Layout Options.
- Improved Reading in Read Mode.
- Smarter Collaboration.
- Open and Edit PDFs inside Word.
- New and Improved Table Features.
- Better Management of Long Documents.
- Multimedia Magic.
How do I create a filter in Word 2013?
Click the down-pointing arrow on the City field’s column header and choose (All). The complete list of all four records reappears. Click the down-pointing arrow on the City field’s column header and choose (Advanced). The Filter and Sort dialog box opens with the Filter Records tab displayed.
Which option is used to change the size of a table in Word 2013?
To adjust table row and column size in Word:
- Click anywhere in the table.
- In “Table Tools” click the [Layout] tab > locate the “Cell Size” group and choose from of the following options: To fit the columns to the text (or page margins if cells are empty), click [AutoFit] > select “AutoFit Contents.”
How do you create a new table style?
Create a custom table style
- Select any cell in the table you want to use to create a custom style.
- On the Home tab, click Format as Table, or expand the Table Styles gallery from the Table Tools > Design tab (the Table tab on a Mac).
- Click New Table Style, which will launch the New Table Style dialog.
What are table styles in Word?
You can apply table styles to your Word tables to format them quickly and consistently. Word is shipped with several built-in table styles or you can create your own. You can edit table styles by modifying borders, shading, character formatting, paragraph formatting and table properties.
How do I automatically generate a list of figures in Word?
First add captions to your figures, and then use the Insert Table of Figures command on the References tab. Word then searches the document for your captions and automatically adds a list of figures, sorted by page number.
What does a table of figures look like?
A table of figures is a list, sorted by page number, of the captions pulled from figures, images, or tables in your document. It’s like a table of contents, but it’s a table of anything to which you can add a caption.
What are the new features of Word 2013?
With Word 2013 you can create more beautiful and engaging documents, and you can work with more media types—like online videos and pictures. You can even open PDFs.
Where is the layout tab in Word 2013?
When you select a table in Word 2013, the Layout tab appears under Table Tools on the Ribbon. From the Layout tab, you can make a variety of modifications to the table. Click the buttons in the interactive below to learn about the different ways you can modify a table with the Layout tab.
What do you need to know about tables in word?
A table is a grid of cells arranged in rows and columns. Tables are useful for various tasks such as presenting text information and numerical data. In Word, you can create a blank table, convert text to a table, and apply a variety of styles and formats to existing tables.
How to insert a new row in Word 2013?
It certainly isn’t a laborious task, but it’s easier in Word 2013. To insert a new row into a Word 2013 table, hover to the left of a row border (in the margin) and click the new insert icon – a small circle with a + character. Inserting a new column is just as easy – hover above column borders to display the icon.