How do I get my HP Officejet 6500 Wireless to scan?
Step 1: Go to Control Panel –> Device and Printers and double-click on the HP printer icon. You should find Scanner Actions there. Under that, click on Activate Scan to Computer. Step 2: Well, that’s about it!
Why is my scanner not working on my HP printer?
A missing or outdated scanner driver can cause your HP scanner not to work, so you should update your scanner driver up to date. Manually update scanner driver – You can go to the website of your scanner manufacturer, find the latest driver for your scanner, and install it in your computer.
Why will my printer work but not my scanner?
Printer scanning to computer may not work because scan to PC setting is either disabled. The other reason behind scan function not working can be that the complete drivers are not installed on the system or PC. Then, restart both the PC & printer and try to scan again using HP printer. HP Print and Scan Doctor.
Why is my scanner not working?
Check the cable between the scanner and your computer is firmly plugged in at both ends. If you’re connecting the scanner to a USB hub, connect it to a port attached directly to the motherboard instead. Unplug any other devices, particularly scanning devices, that may be causing a conflict with the scanner.
How do I connect my HP Officejet 6500 to my computer?
Switch on the HP Officejet 6500 printer and place it close to the computer within the router range during the procedural setup. Press the setup button on the printer control panel. Press the arrow button to select the network settings and then select the OK button to connect the printer to the wireless network.
How do I troubleshoot my HP scanner?
- Windows: Download HP Print and Scan Doctor. Mac: Use Diagnose & Fix through HP Smart.
- Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
- Once HP Print and Scan Doctor is open, click Start, and then choose your printer. If your printer is not listed, turn it on and click Retry.
- Click Fix Scanning.
How do I fix unable to communicate with the scanner?
The scanner may not be recognized by the computer.
- Disconnect and reconnect the scanner. * If the scanner is connected via USB hub, connect the scanner to the computer directly without hub.
- Restart the computer.
- Check if the scanner is recognized or not and perform the following procedures.
How do I restart my scanner service?
Here, let’s take Shell Hardware Detection for example.
- Hold Down Windows logo and press R key. A Run dialog box will pop up.
- Type services. msc in the run box and click OK button.
- Find Shell Hardware Detection from Name list.
- If you see “Service status” is Stopped, click Start button and OK button.
How do I connect my HP Officejet 6500 wireless printer to my computer?