What does Maison Dieu mean?
: hostel, hospital.
Is the French word maison masculine or feminine?
The feminine noun maison (house) takes the form of la maison (the house), une maison (a house), or les maisons (the houses).
What is a French maison?
1. (= bâtiment) house. Ils habitent dans la maison qui est au bout de la rue. They live in the house at the end of the street. maisons mitoyennes (en deux parties) semi-detached houses; (faisant partie d’une rangée) terraced houses.
What language is Maison?
From Middle French, French maison from classical Latin mansiōn-, mansiō.
How would you describe your bedroom in French?
- J’ai ma propre chambre – I have my own bedroom.
- Je partage ma chambre – I share my room.
- Je range ma chambre – I tidy my room.
What is smaller than a chateau?
The term ‘petit château’ is used to describe a residence with all the impressive architectural detail of a château but one that is slightly smaller in size, while a maison forte signifies any type of house designed with a degree of security and defence in mind, where the term ‘castle’ is not appropriate.
Is Chateau a French word?
The word château is a French word that has entered the English language, where its meaning is more specific than it is in French. The French word château denotes buildings as diverse as a medieval fortress, a Renaissance palace and a fine 19th-century country house.
Is maison a boy name?
The name Maison is primarily a male name of English origin that means Stone Worker, Brick Layer. The name Mason originated as an English occupational surname used for men who worked with stone or brick. The name originated from the same language roots as the verb “to make.”
How do you describe a room in French?
Talking about your room in French
- Talking about your room in French.
- Je partage ma chambre avec ma sœur – I share my room with my sister.
- Dans ma chambre il y a deux lits – In my room there are two beds.
- When you want to describe what there is in your room – Il y a is a really useful phrase…