Where should I put my SimpliSafe siren?
Where should my auxiliary siren go?
- The siren is weatherized, but not weatherproof.
- You may lose battery life more quickly if the outside temperature gets below 45 or above 115 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The siren should be within 200 feet of the base station (though this range may vary depending on interference).
How do you use the SimpliSafe siren?
Press the “home” button on your Keypad to arm your alarm. Wait 10 seconds, then open a door to trigger the alarm. Your Siren will provide entry beeps, confirming it is properly enrolled. Enter your PIN or press “off” on your Keychain Remote to disarm the alarm.
Does SimpliSafe base have a siren?
1-5 of 5 Answers. Chris, all SimpliSafe packages have a Base Station, which is the brain the system. It also has a siren built in. If you need a more powerful siren, or would like to have it in another room, look out for our packages with an extra Wireless Siren.
How do I make SimpliSafe louder?
Jump into the menu and then into System Settings. Scroll down a bit and you’ll see the options for the volume adjustments. Each setting has four volume levels to choose from: Low, Medium, High, and Off.
How do I change the batteries in my SimpliSafe siren?
Slide the Siren up and off of its mounting bracket. Using a Phillips-head screwdriver, remove the four screws that are holding the battery cover in place. Remove the battery cover. This will expose four AA batteries, which can then be replaced.
Should I hide my SimpliSafe base?
If anyone passes, they have 45 seconds before the alarm sounds. That’s why I hide the base. It should be a function that the entrance sensor is open, so there is no PIN code and the base is destroyed, send the surveillance company.
What does the SimpliSafe siren do?
It emits a 105dB alarm to alert burglars that the police are on their way, and it comes programmed to work with SimpliSafe systems for minimal setup. This SimpliSafe auxiliary siren is weatherized for installation indoors or in sheltered areas outdoors.
How do I turn off SimpliSafe siren?
Enter your PIN on the Keypad or press off on the Keychain Remote to stop the siren. The default PIN for your Keypad is 1234. If you cancel the alarm within a few seconds, The Emergency Dispatch Center will abort the alarm.
What happens if you unplug SimpliSafe base station?
You’ve got the Original SimpliSafe system. In the event of a power outage your SimpliSafe Base Station is equipped with a backup rechargeable battery supply that will keep your Base Station powered for up to 24 hrs. SimpliSafe does not rely on WiFi, and will continue to function over cellular networks.
Can I have 2 SimpliSafe base stations?
SimpliSafe does not have a range extender or the ability to link two base stations. You can also purchase SimpliSafe professional installation.
Do you need a siren on a SimpliSafe?
Yes, SimpliSafe comes with a powerful siren. Typically, it is a 105db or 95db siren and you can place it inside or outside your home. The siren is weatherproof but it is not waterproof and therefore, you need to place it under eve or awning.
How do you install a siren on a base station?
1) Remove the battery activation strip and slide the bracket backing down to reveal the programming button 2) Hold down the programming button, while entering your PIN 3 times in a row on your Keypad 3) When the Siren has been recognized by your Base Station, the Siren will provide a conﬁrmation beep Installation
How do I put a siren on my car?
1) Remove the battery activation strip and slide the bracket backing down to reveal the programming button 2) Hold down the programming button, while entering your PIN 3 times in a row on your Keypad 3) When the Siren has been recognized by your Base Station, the Siren will provide a conﬁrmation beep. Installation.
How does SimpliSafe work in case of an emergency?
SimpliSafe operates in four different ways in case of an emergency. First, the motion sensors detect the unusual activity in your home, which leads to the sounding of the alarm. Apart from that, the system encompasses glass break detectors, which can sense that an intruder is trying to smash your windows or glass doors.