How do I add more drop down options in Excel?
Go to Data > Data Validation. On the Settings tab, click in the Source box, and then on the worksheet that has the entries for your drop-down list, Select cell contents in Excel containing those entries. You’ll see the list range in the Source box change as you select.
How do I create a dependent drop-down list?
Creating a Dependent Drop Down List in Excel
- Select the cell where you want the first (main) drop down list.
- Go to Data –> Data Validation.
- In the data validation dialog box, within the settings tab, select List.
- In Source field, specify the range that contains the items that are to be shown in the first drop down list.
How do I create a drop-down list in Excel with multiple selections?
To create the drop-down list:
- Select the cell or cells you want the drop-down list to appear in.
- Click on the Data tab on Excel’s ribbon.
- Click on the Data Validation button in the Data Tools group.
- In the Data Validation dialog, in the Allow: list select List.
- Click in the Source: box.
How do I apply a drop down list for an entire column?
- Select the entire column you want to validate.
- Click on “Data Validation” from the Data tab.
- Choose “List” from the “Allow” box.
- Click on the arrow to the right of the “Source” box and select the cells containing the allowed values.
How do you insert a drop down menu?
Create a drop-down list
- Select the cells that you want to contain the lists.
- On the ribbon, click DATA > Data Validation.
- In the dialog, set Allow to List.
- Click in Source, type the text or numbers (separated by commas, for a comma-delimited list) that you want in your drop-down list, and click OK.
How to edit the drop down list in Excel?
Things to Remember While Editing Drop-Down List in Excel 1 If we enter to drop down values manually or set ranges, then any newer entry needs to be inserted with a new drop-down list. 2 In tables, we can insert a new entry, and it gets updated in the dropdown. 3 To view or edit the drop-down list, we need to click on the cell.
How to create a drop down menu in Excel?
Drop-down menus created in this way are not updated automatically i.e. you will have to change the named ranges’ references every time you add or remove items in the source lists. To get over this limitation, try making a dynamic cascading drop down list. The INDIRECT formulas like we used in the example above can handle one-word items only.
Where do I find conditional drop down list in Excel?
This is called a conditional or dependent drop down list in Excel. Select the cell where you want the first (main) drop down list. Go to Data –> Data Validation. This will open the data validation dialog box. In the data validation dialog box, within the settings tab, select List.
How to copy and paste a drop down list in Excel?
Note: to copy/paste a drop-down list, select the cell with the drop-down list and press CTRL + c, select another cell and press CTRL + v. 7. You can also type the items directly into the Source box, instead of using a range reference.