How do I connect my Linksys router to my modem?
2 Connect to Modem by Cable/Wire
- Acquire an Ethernet cable.
- Take one end of the cable and plug it into the Internet (or WAN) port on the rear of your router.
- Take one end of the cable and plug it into an available Ethernet (or LAN) port on the rear of your modem.
How do I setup my Linksys wifi extender?
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Bring the computer or laptop and range extender to the same room.
- After that, connect your PC to the extender via an Ethernet cable.
- Now, plug the range extender and computer into an electrical outlet.
- Connect it to the Linksys extender setup-xxx network.
How do I use my PPPoE on my router?
Power on your router and computer first and then modem.
- Log into the router’s web-based management page.
- Configure WAN Connection Type.
- Enter your PPPoE username and password which are provided by your ISP.
- Click Save to save your settings, then the router will connect to Internet after a while.
Can’t connect to Linksys router after reset?
After pressing the Reset button, unplug and re-plug the router’s power adapter. NOTE: The Power LED of the router will keep on blinking for a few seconds after resetting as it is still trying to stabilize. However, if the Power light still isn’t solid after a minute, powercycle the router.
How do I connect to a PPPoE?
Creating a PPPoE Dial Up Connection on Windows 7
- Click the Start button.
- Click the Control Panel.
- Go to Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Set up a new connection or network.
- In the Set Up a Connection or Network wizard, choose Connect to the Internet and click Next.
- Click Set up a new connection anyway.
How do I connect my PPPoE to the Internet?
Configuring PPPoE mode in the Internet interface
- In the administration interface, go to Interfaces.
- Double-click on the Internet interface.
- Select PPPoE mode.
- In the PPPoE Interface Properties dialog, type a new interface name.
- Type the username and password.
- Click OK.
- Click Apply.