How do you write an APA reference page?
The steps for creating an APA reference page are simple: Compile a list of all the references that you have used while creating your paper. Begin your references list on a new page, at the end of your paper. Number the page to be the next number sequentially after the last page of your paper.
How do you cite a website using APA format?
In APA style you use both in text citations and must cite the web page in your reference list. Determine the author, publication date, web page title, the date you accessed the website and the URL address. Cite the web page in your text after using information from it in your report by using a parenthetical reference.
How do I cite a web page with no author?
To cite an individual webpage with no author, list the title of the webpage first. Type the title in title case, capitalizing only the first word and any proper nouns. Place a period at the end of the webpage title. Example: Canada: Education structure.
Are there works cited page in APA format?
and any endnotes.
What are the key rules of creating an APA References list?
- Center the word “References” in bold font at the top of a new page.
- Double spacing is used throughout this page.
- Alphabetize entries by authors’ last names.
- Create a hanging indent for each individual source you add to the list.
How do you write a reference page?
What to Include on a Reference List
- Your name at the top of the page.
- List your references, including their name, job title, company, and contact information, with a space in between each reference.
- Include at least three professional references who can attest to your ability to perform the job you are applying for.
How do you sort APA references?
How to alphabetize your print sources
- Organize your Reference page by the last names of the authors (or editors).
- If a work has no author or editor, alphabetize by the first word of the title other than a, an, or the.
- Arrange same author sources using their last names every time.
How do I create a reference page in APA format?
What does APA reference page mean?
An APA reference page is the bibliography or works referenced page at the end of an APA formatted research paper, essay, or other type of writing that includes references to sources. It contains APA style citations to the various sources that you used in creating your paper.
How do you reference a website in APA?
If you are citing an entire website, provide the address of the site within the text of your paper. According to the APA, there is no need to include the site in your reference list. Example: The APA Style website is a good source of information on using APA style properly (http://www.apastyle.org).
How do you cite a page in APA format?
If you are only citing information from a single page, you just need to put the “p.” before the page number. If there are multiple consecutive pages, write “pp.” before the number instead of “p.”. Separate the page numbers with a hyphen. A single page number citation might look like (Smith, 2010, p. 40) or (p. 40).