Is Greektown Baltimore safe?
Crime –“The community has the reputation of one of the safest in the city,” says Filippou. Deputy Maj. William Davis of the Baltimore City Police Department agrees that Greektown is one of the safer neighborhoods in the Southeastern District. “Most of the crime in the area is property-based,” says Davis.
What is there to do in Greektown Baltimore?
Your guide to the top 5 spots in Baltimore’s Greektown…
- Samos Restaurant. Photo: William G./Yelp.
- Zorba’s Bar & Grill. Photo: Romin A./Yelp.
- Greek Town Grill. Photo: Greek Town Grill/Yelp.
- El Merengue Restaurant Dominican Cuisine. Photo: El Merengue Restaurant Dominican Cuisine/Yelp.
- Acropolis Restaurant.
What restaurants are in the Inner Harbor Baltimore?
Best Restaurants with Harbor Views in Baltimore
- Tir Na Nog. Inner Harbor.
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House – Pier 5. Inner Harbor.
- Explorer’s Lounge – Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore. Inner Harbor.
- Rusty Scupper. Federal Hill.
- McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurant. Inner Harbor.
- Cheesecake Factory. Inner Harbor.
How safe is downtown Detroit?
Downtown Detroit is mostly free of the types of crime that plague some other parts of the city—gangs, drugs, and the like—but is Downtown Detroit safe? Mostly yes, though beware pickpockets and other types of small-time criminals who make their living by preying on travelers.
Is there a Greek town in NYC?
It’s a very special word because Astoria, Queens, is the heartland of the Greek-American settlement in New York City, said to be the largest Hellenic city in the world except for the ancient city of philosophers and poets, Athens.
What areas should you avoid in Detroit?
The specific area to avoid is east of Gratiot Avenue and west of Kelly Road, in the 48205 ZIP code. Other crime-ridden neighborhoods to avoid in Detroit include Forest Park, Chaldean Town, Poletown East, Milwaukee Junction, and Petosky-Otsego, reports RoadSnacks.
What are the bad parts of Baltimore?
Here, we take a look at the 10 very worst neighborhoods in Baltimore in 2019.
- Dundalk Cityside.
- Monument Street Area.
- Greenmount East.
- Berea Area.
- West Baltimore.
Why is Baltimore an independent city?
The City of Baltimore has been separate from Baltimore County, Maryland since the adoption of the Maryland Constitution of 1851. Carson City, Nevada consolidated with Ormsby County in 1969, and the county was simultaneously dissolved.