How do I clean junk files on Mac OS X?
Here’s how to clean junk files on Mac and remove user cache:
- Open Finder.
- Press Command+Shift+G.
- Enter the following command into the field and select Go: ~/Library/Caches .
- In the window that appears, you will see all your cache files.
- Press Command+A to select all files and delete them.
How do I free up 10 GB on my Mac?
Free up disk space on Mac
- Find large files you don’t need. Potential space reclaimed: 2-5 GB.
- Delete your system junk. Potential space reclaimed: 2-5 GB.
- Remove unused apps and all their leftovers.
- Delete your duplicate files.
- Remove browser cache.
- Use Optimized Storage.
- Create the map of your drive.
- Take out the Trash.
How do I optimize my Mac storage?
Optimize storage space on your Mac
- Choose Apple menu > About This Mac, click Storage, then click Manage. macOS calculates how much space is being used by different categories.
- View the recommendations and decide how to optimize storage on your Mac. Recommendation.
How do I clean up apps on Mac?
Use the Finder to delete an app
- Locate the app in the Finder.
- Drag the app to the Trash, or select the app and choose File > Move to Trash.
- If you’re asked for a user name and password, enter the name and password of an administrator account on your Mac.
- To delete the app, choose Finder > Empty Trash.
What caches can I delete on Mac?
There are three types of caches you can clean on your Mac:
- User (or App) cache. These cache files created by all the apps that you use on Mac.
- System cache. These cache data created by the built-in macOS system services that run your Mac.
- Browser cache.
How do I delete unnecessary files from my Mac?
Choose Apple menu > About This Mac, click Storage, then click Manage. Click a category in the sidebar: Applications, Music, TV, Messages, and Books: These categories list files individually. To delete an item, select the file, then click Delete.
How do I best ‘clean up’ my Mac?
Follow these steps for how to safely clean your MacBook screen, keyboard, trackpad, exterior, and Touch Bar. Power down your Mac and unplug the power cable and any other accessories. Grab a microfiber or other soft lint-free cloth. Lightly spray or dampen the cloth with water (distilled water is best) Wipe down your MacBook.
How do you clear memory in Mac?
Using Mac Download Memory Clean 2 from the App Store. Open the app page on the App Store on your computer, and click the Get button to install it on your computer. Open the Memory Clean 2 app on your computer. The Memory Clean icon looks like a computer chip. Click the Clean button. This is a blue button in the lower-left corner of the app window.
How to clean a hard drive on Mac?
How to Erase a Hard Drive on a Mac If you’re erasing the disk that your Mac started up from, start up from macOS Recovery before continuing Open Disk Utility from the macOS Utilities window. You can also find it in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder. Choose View > Show All Devices from the menu bar. From the sidebar in Disk Utility, select the disk or volume to erase. See More….
What are the best ways to clean your Mac?
Follow These Steps to Clean Your Mac Hard Disk Empty Trash. This is the most common tip among all Mac users to cope with a lack of storage space. Clear cache. The second step to clean out hard drive space on a Mac is to clear system, user and also browser cache. Uninstall old and useless apps. Delete language packs. Remove disk space hogs. Manage e-mail files. Use some maintenance utilities.