Is bundle exec necessary?
Running bundle exec and Bundler. require at the same time is not a problem, so it’s safe to use bundle exec even when not needed as long as there’s a Gemfile in that directory, it won’t activate gems twice.
Why do I have to type bundle exec?
Bundler’s bundle exec requires the Bundler setup file which lets Bundler do all its file-finding hacks for when you later require something. But you may find in some cases that if your environment variables are already set up just right the requires might just work without Bundler’s help.
How do I stop bundle exec?
Usually you’ll hit Ctrl-C to stop webrick when it’s started without -d option.
How do you install a bundle?
- Make sure all dependencies in your Gemfile are available to your application.
- Install your dependencies, even gems that are already installed to your system gems, to a location other than your system’s gem repository.
- Install all dependencies except those in groups that are explicitly excluded.
What is rake in Ruby on Rails?
Rake is a popular task runner for Ruby and Rails applications. For example, Rails provides the predefined Rake tasks for creating databases, running migrations, and performing tests. You can also create custom tasks to automate specific actions – run code analysis tools, backup databases, and so on.
How do I install a bundle installed?
Setting up Bundler
- Open a terminal window and run the following command:
- Navigate to your project root directory.
- Install all of the required gems from your specified sources:
- Inside your app, load up the bundled environment:
- Run an executable that comes with a gem in your bundle:
How do I run a ruby bundle?
What bundle install does?
Bundler provides a consistent environment for Ruby projects by tracking and installing the exact gems and versions that are needed. Bundler is an exit from dependency hell, and ensures that the gems you need are present in development, staging, and production. Starting work on a project is as simple as bundle install .
Where does bundle install run?
Is rake a Ruby Gem?
Rake is a Make-like program implemented in Ruby. * A library of prepackaged tasks to make building rakefiles easier. For example, tasks for building tarballs and publishing to FTP or SSH sites. (Formerly tasks for building RDoc and Gems were included in rake but they’re now available in RDoc and RubyGems respectively.)
What is the difference between redirect and render in Ruby on Rails?
-Redirect is a method that is used to issue the error message in case the page is not found or it issues a 302 to the browser. Whereas, render is a method used to create the content. -Redirect is used to tell the browser to issue a new request.