What are some good topics for persuasive writing?
See if these topics interest you enough to write a persuasive essay.
- If you want an animal to train, what is the best animal to pick?
- Should it be okay to keep wild animals as pets?
- Should pets be allowed in school?
- What animal makes the best pet?
- What animal makes the worst pet?
- Are big dogs better than small dogs?
What are some good persuasive essay topics for kids?
Fun and Interesting Topics
- Kids should have cell phones.
- Kids, not adults, should decide how much screen time to have each day.
- Every town should be required to have a playground.
- Waffle cones are better than regular ice cream cones.
- Dogs are better companions than cats.
- Wearing pajamas in public is inappropriate.
What are good persuasive essays for 5th graders?
Student-Approved Persuasive Writing Prompts
- Should children be paid for good grades?
- Should fidget spinners be allowed in classrooms?
- Are professional athletes overpaid?
- Should cell phones be allowed in classrooms?
- Is bottled water or tap water better?
- Do children need strict bedtimes?
What are easy persuasive topics?
10 Easy and Simple Persuasive Speech Topics Celebrities who break the law should receive stiffer penalties. Teachers should pass a basic exam every few years to renew their certification. Cities should offer free bike-sharing programs. People should eat less junk food.
How do you write a persuasive paragraph for kids?
Steps to Writing a Persuasive Paragraph
- Select a Topic. Have them select the topic for their persuasive paragraph.
- Write an Opinion Statement. Next, they must form their opinion (something they believe) about the topic of their choice.
- Gather Reasons.
- Write the First Draft.
- Revise Work.
- Edit for Clarity.
What are some examples of persuasive writing?
Persuasive writing contains an explanation of the other point of view and uses facts, statistics, or both to disprove that view and support the writer’s position. Some examples of persuasive writing include essays, debate position papers, editorial pieces such as letters to the editor, and book or concert reviews.
How to teach persuasive writing for children?
How to Teach Persuasive Writing Method 1 of 4: Demonstrating Persuasive Writing. Show your students examples of persuasive writing. Method 2 of 4: Using Debates. Set up a debate. Method 3 of 4: Having Your Students Write an Assignment. Brainstorm topics for persuasive writing. Method 4 of 4: Reviewing Your Students’ Work. Walk around and read your students’ work.
What are some ideas for a persuasive essay?
Some good topics for a persuasive essay are: gender rights, universal education, abortion, euthanasia, drinking alcohol and so on. The multiple topics may be found, for example, in the dissertation abstracts international database.
What are some good topics for an argumentative essay?
Generally, argumentative essays focus on topics that are prone to attract controversy, academic discourse and partisanship. Common argumentative essay topics include issues such as euthanasia, capital punishment, abortions and animal testing.