What is ame in oracle apps r12?
Oracle Approvals Management (AME) is a self‐service Web application that enables you to define business rules governing the process for approving transactions in Oracle applications that have integrated AME.
How do I add roles to Ame?
- Assign AME Roles and Responsibilities.
- Grant Transaction Type Access to Users.
- Navigate to Functional Administrator->Security->Grants and click on Create Grants button.
- Create new transaction Type.
- AME Setup.
- You can see the newly created condition along with existing conditions.
- Then click Finish button.
How do I enable AME?
Enable AME for Requisition Approval
- Navigate to Purchasing responsibility.
- Setup / Purchasing / Document Types.
- Select Purchase Requisition (or Internal Requisition) as the document type.
- Specify Approval Transaction Type = PURCHASE_REQ to enable AME approvals for Purchase Requisitions in the current operating unit.
What is the purpose of setting grants and roles in order management?
Roles and Grants to Users Roles are assigned to users using grants that control access to view or edit specific shipping data or actions. After you have defined a role you can assign it to a user through a grant.
How do I assign a role in Oracle r12?
- Log into the applications as SYSADMIN User.
- Choose User Management responsibility.
- Navigate to Users web page.
- Search and find the user you want to inherit the Security Administrator and Customer Administrator Roles.
- Click on Update Icon.
- Click on Assign Roles button.
- Find and choose ‘Security Administrator’ Role.
Where to find AME approvals in Oracle work center?
If you enable the AME feature, then in Buyer Work Center: The Approval Options page for orders and agreements displays the AME Approval region. Depending on the AME setup, the Approvers region includes persons who are approvers, reviewers, and signers.
Where can I find approvals management ( AME ) forms?
The Current/Pending Approvers information in Action History is not supported in Forms. This information is available in the Buyer Worker Center Action History only. You cannot add adhoc approvers in Forms and also cannot view the list of approvers. AME cannot be used for planned purchase orders and purchase order releases.
What do you need to know about Oracle approvals?
Documents to be reviewed before approval to comply with the organization’s review policy. For example, computer or server purchases must be reviewed by the IT manager before approval. Flexible approval hierarchy to get approval from individuals or group of individuals along with people listed in the standard hierarchy.
What happens when purchase order is not approved by AME?
If e-signature is enabled for the purchase order document, after approval it goes to supplier for E-Sign and then based on AME rule, Purchasing routes the document to signers for e-signature. If e-signature is not enabled and approvers approve the purchase order document, then the application sets the document status to Approved.