Which British coins are valuable?
Most valuable and rare UK coins to look for
- 1973 EEC 50 Pence Coin – valued at £3,000.
- 2012 London Olympics Aquatics Fifty Pence – valued at £1,500.
- 1983 Two Pence “New Pence” Coin – valued at £500.
- 2015 Silver Two Pence Coin – valued at £485.
- 2009 Kew Gardens Fifty Pence Coin – valued at £170.
What year old UK pennies are valuable?
Even so, one of the most valuable coins ever sold is a 1p – the 1933 ‘old penny’, which in 2016 sold for £72,000 at auction.
What are the rarest British coins?
Top 25 Rare British Coins Worth More Than Their Face Value
- Dateless 20p Coin – £100.
- “WWF” 50p Coin (2011) – £100.
- The Royal Mint’s 1st £100 Coin (2015) – £150.
- “New Pence” 2p Coin (1983) – £650.
- “Silver” 2p Coin – £1,400.
- “Swimmer Olympic” 50p Coin (2012) – £3,000.
- Irish 20p Coin (1985) – £8,000.
- 1933 Penny (1933) – £72,000.
What old English pennies are worth a lot of money?
The most valuable rare English coins from history – and how much they’re worth
- 1917 George V sovereign London mint.
- 1933 George V penny.
- 1937 Edward VIII brass threepence.
- 1983 New Pence 2p coin.
- 1996 football European Championships gold proof two pound.
What year of pennies are valuable?
Lincoln pennies that were minted between 1959 and 1982 tend to be worth more since they are almost 100 percent copper, rather than an alloy. Improperly prepared dies can result in coins with a “double” image.
Are old UK shillings worth anything?
The old shilling coin, which became the 5p piece, is now worth £2 – actually beating the rate of inflation since 1971. Unfortunately, “silver” coins minted after 1947 contain no silver and are worth no more than their face value. The coins are then returned to the Royal Mint for melting down.
What year coins are worth keeping?
In the Franklin half dollar series, the 1949-S, 1955 and 1956 coins are worth more than silver value. Among the earlier issues (1916-47), only those prior to 1940 are worth more than their silver content, and many dates are worth quite a bit more — such as the 1916, 1917-S obverse, 1921 issues, and 1938-D.
What is the rarest coin in the UK?
The rarest 50p coins in circulation have been revealed as the Royal Mint marks half a century since the fifty pence piece was introduced. The fifty pence coin entered UK coin circulation on the 14th of October 1969. It remains the most collectable denomination of UK coin in Britain in 2021.
Which are the most valuable British coins?
1933 George V penny. Arguably the most valuable coin in the UK, with an estimated value of £72,000. Although this was originally created as a pattern coin, which means it is not intended for release into circulation, it is believed seven were issued, making them extraordinarily rare.
What is the most valuable coin?
1. Double Eagle (1849) With only one specimen existing, this coin is probably the rarest and most valuable coin in U.S. history. It is one of the two trial pieces that heralded the era of the $20 coins, nicknamed Double Eagles. The coin was minted in 1850, though it bears the year 1849.
What years of quarters are valuable?
The most valuable Washington Quarters were minted in the 1930’s, and 1940’s, there are a few however like the 1955 D Washington Quarter that were minted in the 50’s and still worth a alot. Have a look at the list below and if you are interested in the coin just click the picture or text link.